Best Automatic Cat Feeder
Blue 2-Meal Cat Feeder – The Best
Easy Use and Setup (40%).
Specifications for the product
- Food type: Dry food.
- There are 2.
- Dimensions: 6.5×30.1×22.5cm
- Extra feature: A timer to prevent overeating.
The feeder features two food tray cavities, each of which can hold up to 200 grams of dry food.
The trays are removable and can be popped into the washing machine. The feeder can also be timed to control portions to prevent your pet from overeating.
Not only can you time the feeder for the day, but you can also program it for 4 days in advance. This feeder does not have many frills but it’s perfect if you want a basic dispenser that works.
- You can schedule eating times up until 4 days before you need them.
- The 2 food tray cavities are easy to clean.
- Great portion control.
- Not suitable for wet food.
- Not suitable for wet food.
View Product on Amazon
Shop for Product at Ebay
#1 Overall Best Cat Feeder: Wopet 6-Liter Automatic Cat Feeder
- SMARTPHONE PROGRAMMING: Control your pet’s meal time from anywhere using your smartphone; Program up to 15 meals to feed on your pet’s schedule; 1-50 portions per meals, about 5g per portions,Allows you to feed your cat or dog outside of normal feeding times,Help control body weight and establish good eating habits which will allow them to live a long and healthy life with you.
- REGISTER A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO YOUR PET. Keep your pet interested in mealtimes! Press and hold the record button to begin recording a voice message to be played as each feeding dispenses. Otherwise,everytime you’re away from home while you want to comfort your pet and let him know you’re with him,you can set a timing feeding closest the present time and when food dipensed,he can hear your voice recording and dosen’t feel lonely.(e.g. Here, Fido! Come and eat, boy! Good doggy.)
- DOUBLE POWER SUPPLY: The pet feeder can be wall-powered or battery powered. The feeder can continue functioning in the event of an outage. It will use 3 D-size batteries (batteries not included).
- OPERATING TIPS – Suitable for dry food only, with the food pellet size within 5-15mm, up to 15 meals a day. Download the Pet Zero iOS/Android app for free. Compatible with iOS 9.0 or or later or a compatible Android smartphone 4.4 or later. Important: The pet feeder must work on a frequency of 2.4GHz. The main food storage compartment can hold up to 6L of dry food and is removable for easy cleaning and refilling.
- Customizable Feeder Great for Dogs, Cats and Small Animals of Various Sizes.Several users can use with the same account of the pet feeder, you can sharing your favorite moment with your family and friends. You can make your pet feeder do whatever you like. Your smart phone can control your pet’s feeding schedule, so you are able to feed them whenever and wherever it is convenient. Provide a interesting living for your pet with our pet feeder!
WOPET’s Automatic Cat Feeder is ideal for pet owners that need to be absent during meal times. To help your cat maintain their healthy weight and keep them happy, you can schedule up to 15 dry meals per day. If you need a slow feeder, you could program multiple smaller meals close together to prevent your cat from eating too quickly.
The feeder connects to the Wi-Fi in your home, so you can access and control it from your smartphone. It comes with a power adapter to connect to an outlet in the home, but also holds three D batteries to ensure it continues running in the event of a power outage.
A special feature of this model is the ability to record a message for your cat that will play every time their meal is dispensed. Hearing your voice may help keep your cats from feeling too stressed out or nervous if they are alone.
Check out the WOPET 6-Liter Automat Cat Feeder at Amazon.com.
Buyer’S Guide & Reviews For The Top 5 Best Automatic Cat Feeders 2022
Most of the time.
FelineLiving.Net is dedicated to providing cat owners with accurate information that will help them provide their cats the best nutrition and care.
We publish cat food articles, reviews and recall alerts which are relied upon by our readers. We also routinely update and review our own reviews ensuring that any changes by manufacturers are brought to your attention.
FelineLiving.Net is maintained by Mary Nielsen & her staff. Mary loves animals, both dogs and cats. Her staff and she are passionate animal lovers and will work tirelessly to give you all the information you need for your cat.
- PetSafe Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder
- Cat Mate C20 2-Bowl Automatic
- WOPET Automatic Pet Feeder
- PETKIT Smart Feed Automatic Cat Feeder
- The Best Automatic Cat Feeders
- Our Top Choice for the Best Automatic Cat Feeder
- 1. AutoPets Feeder-Robot
- 2. PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder
- 3. Automatic 2-Bowl Cat Mate C20 2Bowl
- 5. PETKIT Smart Feed Automatic Cat Feeder
- An Automatic Cat Feeder is a Must-Have
- What number of pets do you have in your home?
- How Large are Your Pets?
- How Much Food Will be Needed?
- What are Your Main Intended Purposes for Such a Purchase?
- How User-Friendly is the Automatic Cat Feeder?
- Which accessories and/or additional features does the feeder require?
- How Easy is this Automatic Cat Feeder for You to Maintain?
- What does an automatic pet feeder look like?
- Are automatic pet feeders good?
- Is there an automatic cat feeder for wet food?
This is the best basic cat food dispenser
Ease of Use & Setup (40%)
- Food type: Dry and semi-moist food.
- Number of meals: 2.
- Dimensions: 7.75 x 24.5×27.5cm
- Special feature: User-friendly.
This 2-meal cat feeder is perfect for those who love the simplicity of the original product but want something more.
Our team looked at several similar feeders and chose this one because it can keep food fresh for long periods of time.
The 300 ml bowls can be programmed to open at the appropriate times. Once your cat is done feeding and you return home after a while, things might be messy but we found that this feeder is exceptionally easy to clean. The 100% plastic is easy to wipe clean and the bowls is also detachable for a more thorough cleaning.
- This product is suitable for semi-moist or wet foods.
- Easy to clean.
- Two separate timers.
- Solid base
- It is easy to determine the amount of food you give your pet.
- Not entirely pet proof. The feeder might still be accessible by a clever dog or cat.
- Not entirely pet proof. A clever cat or dog might be able to pry open the feeder.
Amazon Product Viewer
View Product on Ebay
What Are You Buying An Automatic Dog And Cat Feeder For?
There are two main reasons people buy an automatic pet feeder. You may find yourself often away from your home and require a feeder to ensure that your pets are fed even when you aren’t there. Or your pets suffer from weight issues and require a carefully controlled diet day in and day out. It could also be one of these things.
Each of these reasons requires specific features. If you are absent frequently, for example, you will need to be able to schedule meals and have a big food storage container. You will need a machine capable of dispensing specific quantities of food if you have a cat or dog that follows a particular diet.
Programable dry food feeder Cat Mate C3000
Our favorite automatic cat feeder is the Cat Mate C3000 Dry Food Feeder. Others might be cheaper or have more features, but the C3000 offers the best balance by far. The C3000 can fully program up to 3 meals per day. Each meal can also be delivered over several hours with the “frequent feed” feature.
An LED control panel makes programming easy. The mass can be adjusted individually for each meal, as well as the time of meals. We tested a few different volumes and found that the C3000 was always accurate to within a quarter-teaspoon.
Ease of use doesn’t stop at the control panel, either. The entire system is dishwasher-safe, from the upper lid down to the bowl. The food hopper can hold enough kibble for an entire month. The system is pet-proof so that your cat can’t use it to steal food. And did we mention it also works for small dogs?
The only issue with the pet-proof design is that the buttons are hard for humans to push as well. Dispensing is also a bit loud, which can be surprising for jumpier cats.
We believe this automatic cat feeder is our favorite of the year.
You should get an automatic cat feeder
But there are plenty of specific reasons why this type of product may be right for your family, many of which other automatic feed users swear by:
- Your cat requires feedings at specific intervals or times throughout the day.
- Your feline is a picky and finicky eater and doesn’t eat food that’s been sitting out for a long time.
- Because she is hungry, your animal will wake you up in the morning.
- You work long or irregular hours, which makes feeding your kitty at regular intervals difficult.
- You don’t live with anyone who you can depend on to help feed your kitty on time.
- You like the freedom to travel and go away from your home, while your cat can be safely alone for brief amounts of time.
Reasons To Avoid
Sometimes the solution to a problem isn’t to throw technology at it, it’s more an Occam’s Razor type situation where the simplest answer is the one that works best. Amazon’s inexpensive feeder may be the best option for your pet if they are able to control their overeating and are happy to graze.
Simply fill the large screw-top bowl with dry food. Gravitation will cause it to fall into the bowl. As your pet eats, the consumed food makes way for more to be released. It’s that simple. It is easy to disassemble the AmazonBasics Self Dispensing Gravity Pet Feeder for cleaning.
This certainly won’t suit every animal. It is unlikely that most dogs will be able to handle it. Our dogs are more likely than not to finish the entire food in one sitting and then feel guilty about their actions. It wouldn’t be a good idea for rabbits either, since their ‘unlimited’ food doesn’t correspond to the amount of pellets that they are supposed to eat. Take-it-or-leave-it cats, though? Go right ahead. They’ll love it, and you’ll love not having to fill their bowls as often.
Some users have reported irregular-shaped food getting stuck on its way out; a particularly hungry pet will likely solve that problem for you, and there’s a lot less to go wrong than there is on mechanical feeders. However, it’s worth bearing in mind if you’re planning to fill up and head out for a couple of days.
What We Did to Find the Best Cat and Dog Feeders
There are just so many dog and cat feeders out there in varying shapes and sizes, each with its own set of handy features. That being said, figuring out which model to purchase can be downright frustrating. It is important to do extensive research on the features, and to read reviews from other buyers. All this while still keeping in mind your budget.
We’ve done most of the heavy lifting for you and scoured various online marketplaces and local pet supply websites to find the most popular dog and cat feeders around. Of course, we also took into consideration a bunch of customer and critic reviews to ensure that the features that were advertised are exactly what you get.
Even then, we ended up with way too many products to put in a single list, so we talked it over and narrowed the feeders down to the top seven. This list is so trusted that you will be satisfied with the product you select.
Petsafe Smart Feed Automatic
Feed your pet on a schedule you set with the PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Pet Feeder. You can ensure your pet has the same meal every day, no matter where you are.
It’s compatible with the PetSafe Healthy Pets mobile app and wi-fi-enabled so that you can access it from anywhere and receive notifications on your smartphone when it’s feeding time or when there is an issue. You can also monitor the pet’s diet and adjust portions if necessary.
We like that the feeder has a two-meal splitter, so you can feed multiple pets at once. This is very important if you have several pets and you need to feed them at the same time.
You can also adjust the meals per day and set the time of each meal, which is perfect for people who work long hours or need to leave home early in the morning.
One of our favorite features of this feeder is its notification function. When your pet needs food, you will receive a notification on your smartphone or tablet.
The mobile app makes it easy to use. You can set up to 12 different meal schedules, so you can feed your pet at the same time every day. All you have to do is open the app and select the feeder you want to use. Then, you can add a daily meal schedule, set the amount of food that your pet needs, and choose the type of food you want to feed.
It keeps your pet on a healthy feeding schedule, automatically splitting up meals into the perfect portions for balanced nutrition and weight management.
Wherever you are, you can access your feeder from your phone or tablet, and you can monitor your pet’s eating habits using the app. PetSafe Healthy Pets’ mobile app lets you track and notify your pet when they are hungry or need to be fed.
- Notification to your smartphone
- You can schedule up to 12 meals per day
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Receive smartphone alerts
- Alerts require a monthly subscription
- Requires a monthly subscription for alerts
Surefeed Cat Food Feeder – Premium Selection
The best automatic feeder at a premium price is the SureFeed Microchip Small Dog & Cat Feeder. The microchip technology in this feeder ensures that the right pet has access to the food. This allows curious pets and cats to be fed without the need to eat the pet’s food. The SureFlap RFID collar tag can also be used as a substitute for a microchip. The lid seals securely enough for this feeder to keep wet and liquid food clean and safe from insects. It can store up to 32 pet profiles in its memory and offers a training mode that makes it easy to teach your pet to not be fearful of the feeder. It comes with a 3-year warranty through the manufacturer.
This feeder requires four C-cell batteries, which are not included. It only holds 1.6 cups of dry food or up to two pouches of wet food. It can keep wet foods safe but it cannot refrigerate them. Unused food must be taken out and should be replaced in a matter of hours.
All in all, we think this is the best premium option out there for both wet and dry cat food, and the best wet food feeder for cats this year.
- Feeds as many times per day as your cat visits the bowl
- Ideal for multi-pet homes
- Make sure your cat has a microchip
- Unmicrochipped animals will receive an RFID collar tag
- Keeps wet and liquid foods sealed tightly
- You can feed liquid, dry, and semi-moist foods.
- Up to 32 profiles for pets in stores
- Training mode
- Warranty for 3 years
- Only holds 1.6 cups of food
- Uses C-cell batteries
- Doesn’t keep wet food cool
- Premium price
Aspen Pet Lebistro Programmable Cat Feeder
Aspen Pet LeBistro Cat Feeder follows design cues that are similar to the Cat Mate C3000. The food container falls through the trapdoor at a time programmed by a digital control panel. It likewise has a dishwasher-safe removable bowl, though none of the other parts are easily washed.
Why then did we rank the LeBistro eighth and the C3000 first? The C3000 was praised for being able to control portions down to the grain. To put it bluntly, the Aspen LeBistro can’t do that. We tried it out by setting two LeBistros next to each other, and found that when set to dispense the same amount of kibble, they differed by as much as half a cup.
Another issue is that the LeBistro can be manipulated by determined cats. Whereas the C3000 rebuffed kitties who stuck their paws up the delivery chute, the LeBistro spills extra kibble right away. We discovered, as if this wasn’t enough: it randomly dispenses food at unprogrammed times.
Although the LeBistro cat feeder is very popular, it doesn’t satisfy all cats. We don’t recommend it. You can save your money.
The Top Digital Cat Feeder
Easy Use and Setup (40%).
- Type of food: Semi-moist and dry.
- Dimensions: 47.1×22.1×31.4cm
- Special feature: Slow feed option,
Versatile and modern, this is a fantastic feeder.
What makes the feeder stand out from all other dry food dispensers, you ask? We had a lot of fun testing different types and brands of kibble to find out if it could take all our food. We are happy to say that, unlike most other feeders, this dispenser can work with almost anything.
This feeder can be used to feed your cat their favourite semi-moist or dry food. It is also healthy if they eat too much. The slow-feeding option can help curb the bad habits of eating too quickly. It is made from pet-friendly plastic, and easy to clean.
- Hassle-free feeder.
- Easy to clean.
- You can adjust the portion size from 29 to 940 milliliters.
- Flexible feeding schedule. You can program up to 12 meals.
- Great LCD control panel for viewing programmed meals.
- Batteries not included.
- Batteries are not included.
View Product on Amazon
Shop for Product at Ebay
Best For Wet Food: Cat Mate C500 Automatic Pet Feeder
- Material-Plastic. Each compartment can hold up to five meals and one additional feed while you’re away. Each compartment holds 11 ounces. 5 ounces wet food.
- Removable, dishwasher-safe bowl and cover.
- Battery status indicator Two cooling ice packs and one close-fitting cover keep the feed fresh
- uses 3 x AA batteries (not included)
Most automatic cat feeders are only designed to work with dry food. Cat Mate C500 Automatic Pet Feeder is for you if your cat likes to eat wet food. This feeder has five different compartments that can open at a set time to feed your kitty. Each compartment holds up to 11.5 ounces of food.
You can fill the compartments before leaving, and your cat can be fed up to four times when you’re away (plus one initial feeding once you put the feeder down).
To keep wet food fresh, this model uses two ice packs. To prevent air getting into the food, the cover is secured.
To operate, the feeder only requires three AAA batteries. It also features a status indicator to let you know if it is charging.
Check out the Cat Mate C500 Automatic Pet Feeder at Amazon.com.
How do automatic cat feeders benefit you?
A feeder can make a great addition to busy households. They offer the freedom to leave early or come home late without your cat missing meals. You can also offer food to your cat in the middle or early hours of the morning, when they are most likely to wake up and beg. Some cats can be trusted to graze on food, but for cats that will gorge on anything offered to them, automatic feeders can help with portion control. They can aid in weight loss and medical management related to feeding issues. You can also leave the city for as little as a few days with an automatic feeder without having to hire a pet sitter.
A Quick Look At Our Favorite Picks In 2022
- App control allows for easy management
- You can store up to 4 litres food
- Anti-clogging design
- Very affordable
- Makes dry food last
- Easy to setup and easy to use
- All microchips compatible
- Keeps dry and wet food fresh
- Secure feeding for multi-cat homes
- Very consistent
- Simple mechanics
- Dishwasher safe
- Huge food reservoir
- Flexible programming options
Which Food Does Your Cat Love?
Most automatic feeders can only hold dry food. If your cats turn up their noses at kibble, look for a feeder like the SureFeed Microchip that can serve wet food.
Petlibro Automatic Cat Fooder, 6L
- Affordable – worth the price
- It has an LCD panel that makes programming easier
- Infrared Sensor – Notifies you when food is not sufficient
- Dry cat food is only
- It is difficult to clean
- It can be difficult to setup the device.
Read over 4,000 reviews and check the price on Amazon
These are the features
You can find the most basic of automatic cat feeders, or you can get as complicated as possible with its many features. Some can simply have a timer to set it to your cat’s feeding time while others can even have a wifi feature and voice recording so the smart dispenser can play your voice to call your cat before it dispenser for your cats’ meal time
- Ease Of Use
- Ease Of Use
These great automatic cat feeders are compatible with your cat’s favorite food
Your cat’s food preferences should be considered when choosing an automatic feeder. Although top-of the-line feeders can be used with any type of food, it is possible to get a feeder compatible with raw or wet foods.
What To Look For When Buying An Automatic Dog And Cat Feeder
Once you have determined your motivations for buying an automatic feeder for pets, now it is time to find out more about what features each model has to offer. The guide below will explain the most common features found in pet feeders, and their significance.
What Kind Of Food Your Cat Eats
Does your cat eat wet food, dry food or sometimes both? This will affect which feeder you purchase. According to Dr. Conrad, if your cat only eats wet food, a feeder that is designed specifically for this purpose will be necessary. “If your kitty eats dry food, make sure the shape of the kibbles will fit through the dispenser.”
For cats who eat too quickly, a slow feeder can be beneficial.
If your cat has a tendency to inhale their food and throw it up later, you know that eating too quickly is a real problem. Some automatic feeders are designed for cats who do this, moderating your cat’s eating speed and helping them to properly digest their food.
Last but not least, take into consideration the power source that powers your automatic pet feeder. Some automatic cat feeders run on electricity. However, the majority of them are powered by battery power. A feeder that is only required to be changed every six or twelve months can help you save money on batteries.
Pets In The Home
An automatic feeder is a great option for multiple pets (especially dogs and cats) to reduce food waste. Smart feeders that use Wi-Fi or microchip technology are especially effective in this regard. If you have dogs that love to steal cat food, then you may need a higher-end feeder than if you are just looking for a way to get extra meals to your cat while you’re away.